APL Logistics wins SCM award
Acquisition to augment global 3PL’s domestic capabilities in China
SINGAPORE, 30 Nov 2011
In a year of extraordinary recognition, NOL has received yet another award for outstanding performance. This time, the honor goes to APL Logistics, which announced this week that it earned the Supply Chain Best Partnership award at the SCM Logistics conference.
Nominated by customer submission, APL Logistics was honored for “driving supply chain excellence in client organisations, resulting in improved business performance.” Award criteria included:
- A track record in assisting clients to reduce supply chain and logistics cost and develop an integrated supply chain;
- Service level performance in terms of credibility, reliability and provision of end-to-end supply chain solutions/services;
- Quantifiable results that demonstrated success in developing mutually beneficial partnerships to strengthen the client’s commercial objectives; and
- Initiatives in addressing environmental challenges that established environmental responsibility as a priority in their business objectives with clients.
Vice President Dave Frentzel of Contract Logistics collected the award for APL Logistics. It was the sixth major award for the business in 2011 and the 20 th overall for NOL and its businesses. The other APL Logistics awards presented this year include:
- 100 Great Supply Chain Partners – Supply Chain Brain;
- 100 Top Third Party Logistics Providers – Inbound Logistics;
- Best Logistics Service Provider, Sea Freight – Asia Freight & Supply Chain Awards;
- Quest for Quality Award – Logistics Management;
- Builders’ Choice – The Kellogg Company;
- Best Supplier – Emerson Rosemount;
- Agility Award - Limited Brands; and
- Best Support and Coordination – Nissan Motors.
APL Logistics provides international, integrated supply chain services in more than 50 countries, including both origin and destination services such as freight consolidation, warehousing and distribution management. It uses innovative IT for maximum supply chain visibility and control. APL Logistics is a unit of Singapore-based Neptune Orient Lines (NOL), a global cargo transportation and logistics company.