March 18, 2020 in CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Customer Advisory – COVID 19 Update: EMEA – Jordan
March 18, 2020
On March 17, 2020 the Kingdom of Jordan announced sweeping measures to help mitigate the spread of the COVID 19 virus.
Please note that the APL Logistics CFS location and related support are still functioning. The supply-chain infrastructure is still functioning and operating normally. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary.
Following is a summary of the current situation, though please note that the situation is fluid:
- Yesterday evening, Ministry of Industries put all activities including manufacturing at factories on hold.
- After protests were raised by factories, around 6:00 PM local time, Ministry allowed factories to work.
- Around 11:00 PM local time Ministry of Labor stopped all production activity at factories ONLY allowing logistics activities to continue.
- All companies related to logistics are currently allowed to work.
- APL Logistics cargo operations are functioning normally.
- Cargo movement is allowed though priority is given to medical supplies.
Again, the situation is fluid and we are monitoring closely. Further updates will be provided when new information is available.
As always, information regarding the COVID-19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.