April 24, 2020 in COVID-19 CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Greater Asia)
There are no updates for North Asia.
- Indonesia: All domestic and overseas passenger transportation by air, sea, land and railway has been suspended effective date of this update through June 1 (article here). Cargo transportation is permitted and there are no known operational impacts.
- Myanmar: There is an increase in safety mandates related to COVID-19 being untaken in Yangon and neighboring provinces (article here). Factory inspections will be done progressively from Apr 20 through May 15, and will be allowed to reopen after they pass the inspections. We will continue to monitor the situation and work directly with any potentially impacted customer(s).
- Malaysia: The local government has extended the “movement control order” until May 12. Employees continue to work from home and there are no known operational impacts.
- Philippines: The “enhanced community quarantine” has been extended through May 15 in Metro Manila, and 17 other provinces in Luzon (see our previous Customer Advisory outlining the measures). We will continue to monitor the situation and update as necessary.
- Vietnam: The social distancing measures in “high-risk” localities have been eased to “at-risk” localities effective April 23, and some businesses have been allowed to operate with strict guidelines from local authorities. All factories, ports and CFS facilities remain operational.
- Bangladesh: The local government has extended the ongoing general holiday through May 5. Employees continue to work from home. The National Board of Revenue has resumed full scale customs operations at Chittagong port to ease congestion. All import-laden containers from Chittagong port have to be transferred and delivered to private ICDs effective April 24 through Jun 30 (article here).
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- Bottom line we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.