April 22, 2020 in COVID-19 CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (NAM, LATAM, EMEA)
April 24, 2020
Current updates for NAM, LATAM and EMEA regions are as follows:
NAM Port Updates:
- Port of NY and NJ: No disruptions reported.
- Port of Oakland: No disruption reported.
- Port of Long Beach: No disruption reported, individual terminals may have limited hours and or operations. Please check with terminal.
- Port of Los Angeles: No disruption reported, individual terminals may have limited hours and or operations. Please check with terminals.
- Port of Vancouver: No disruption reported.
- Prince Rupert: No disruption reported.
- Port of Halifax: No disruption reported.
- In our continued efforts to protect our employees, temporary workers and visitors from COVID-19 exposure, we are implementing a policy effective Monday April 27, 2020: Until further notice, it will be mandatory that face coverings must be worn while in the workplace at all times.
- Mexico entered Phase 3 of the pandemic response on April 21. This phase limits commercial activities to only those considered “essential” by the government and reduces public mobility by limiting capacity on public transportation.
- Among others, the essential activities include the warehousing and distribution of agricultural products, cleaning products, home school products, and health related products. By providing logistics services to these industries, APLL is able to operate during this phase.
- We continue to protect our warehouse employees by enforcing the strict use of PPE, temperature screening, appropriate social distancing and increased sanitization procedures.
- The Peruvian government has extended overall curfew and controls thru May 10.
- Oman boarders are closed apart from Food Transport from United Arab Emirates.
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- Bottom line we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.