May 15, 2020 in CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Greater Asia)
There are no updates from North Asia today.
There are no updates from Southeast Asia today.
- India (Nhavasheva Port, Mumbai): Nhavasheva CFS has restricted operations due to a sudden spike in COVID-19 cases in the local villages. Severe roadblocks and clampdown by local police are affecting availability of labor and drivers. Further carting of cargo could be diverted to alternate port location if situation continues. APL Logistics has informed impacted customers of the situation and will update as necessary.
- Bangladesh: Bangladesh government has decided to extend the ongoing general holidays through May 30. The ongoing ban on scheduled passenger flight operations to all countries, except China, has also been extended through May 30.
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- Bottom line we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.