July 15, 2020 in COVID-19 CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (NAM, LATAM, EMEA)
July 15, 2020
Current updates for NAM, LATAM and EMEA regions are as follows:
- Domestic equipment is tight on the westcoast due to the normal seasonal imbalance.
- Railroad linehaul is recovering now that furloughed crews are returning to work.
- We will continue to see some delays at railramps due to surges/bunching of trains.
- Water ports are having seasonal difficulties with surges in capacity requirements to clear the docks as the bigger vessels discharge cargo.
NAM Port Updates
- Port of NY and NJ: No disruptions reported.
- Port of Oakland: No disruption reported.
- Port of Long Beach: No disruption reported, individual terminals may have limited hours and or operations. Please check with terminal.
- Port of Los Angeles: No disruption reported, individual terminals may have limited hours and or operations. Please check with terminals.
- Port of Vancouver: Some congestion reported.
- Prince Rupert: No disruption reported.
- Port of Halifax: No disruption reported.
For more information, please see this article from TheLoadStar.com:
Equipment shortages driving up rail freight rates in US as UP bookings surge
Current updates for the LATAM region are as follows:
- Most countries in the Latin America region are returning to some form of control and curfew for the general population as reported cases of COVID-19 continue to rise.
- Most factory and international trade remains active with some spot reduced capacities.
- APLL operations remain open and performing steady via home office.
There are no updates for the EMEA region. Please refer to the updates from July 8.
Important note regarding return to office actions:
APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
The safety and wellbeing of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
We will continue to take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.