August 3, 2020 in CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Greater Asia)
Below are general updates which do not affect our current operations in Asia:
- Hong Kong: The government extended its stepped up social-distancing measures for another week. Effective July 29, 2020, ships without any cargo trade via the city are no longer allowed to make crew changes during their stop. Other social-distancing measures that limit public gatherings and ban restaurants dine-in services will also be extended. Our current operations remain unchanged.
- Bangladesh: The local government has allowed offices and other workplaces to continue operating on a limited scale through August 31, 2020. Restricted operations continue in red/containment zones. Our current operations remain unchanged.
- India: Central Govt. of India has issued guidelines for phase 3 of “unlock”, valid through August 31, 2020. Concurrently, respective state governments have made their own assessments and released respective state guidelines, in which some locations were given lesser relaxations. In major India cities and economic hubs of Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Tuticorin, Kolkata, Bangalore have had lockdown extended through August 31 with some relaxations and restrictions in red/containment zones (article here). Most factories have however, fully or partially resumed production, and APLL CFS operations continue with some restriction in certain cities.
- Pakistan: Lockdown in Pakistan has been renamed to “smart lockdown”, which is extended through August 15, 2020. Essential services remain open, while inter-city and inter-district public transport will be allowed to operate round-the-clock. Our current operations remain unchanged.
- Philippines: The local government will reimpose a stricter lockdown in the country for 2 weeks, effective August 3, 2020. Metro Manila and nearby provinces such as Laguna, Cavite, Rizal and Bulacan will be placed under so-called “Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine” (MECQ) until August 18. Some businesses and public transport are expected to be closed in the capital, work and quarantine passes will also be required (article here). Our current operations remain unchanged.
- Vietnam: The local government has placed Danang on a strict lockdown for at least 15 days, with all flights to and from the central city suspended. Non-urgent meetings, public gathering of more than 30 people has also been banned. Our current operations remain unchanged.
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and well-being of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- Bottom line we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.