October 23, 2020 in CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Sri Lanka)
Below are general updates which do not affect our current operations in Sri Lanka:
- Since the resurgence of a new COVID cluster within the country from 1st week of October, there has been an accelerated increase in the number of COVID19 cases in the country.
- The epicenter for the new cluster was identified as one of the factories located in Minuwangoda Area, in the Gampaha district, in which the local government has announced quarantine curfew until October 26, 2020.
- Indefinite curfew was implemented for 2 other towns in suburbs of Colombo (see article here).
As of Date of Advisory, all our CFS / CHB / Trucking and other warehouse operations remain operational, while our offices are functioning on split-team operations.
We are monitoring the situation and will work directly with customers in the event of any impact or potential impact.
Please refer to the COVID-19 Operational Status Matrix here for most recent detailed regional updates.
Global cases can be tracked by accessing this live map created by Johns Hopkins University.
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and well-being of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- Bottom line we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.