November 5, 2020 in CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Customer Advisory: Tropical Depression Eta Hits Honduras and Guatemala
November 5, 2020
As reported from media outlets Tropical Depression Eta has hit Central America, Thursday, November 5 affecting APL Logistics Operations in Honduras and Guatemala.
Honduras: The country of Honduras has been strongly impacted by Tropical Storm Eta.
- APL Logistics Honduras: The APLL Honduras team members are safe and accounted for.
- Operations: The Honduras team has reported electric and internet outages, which has made communication challenging. The APLL team has implemented a skeleton response group that will manage urgent questions and issues from customers and vendors.
- Ports: Carriers have reported that Puerto Cortes is partially open, but the roads from San Pedro Sula to Puerto Cortes are out of service due to flooding. Authorities are working to clear and open roads.
- Factories: Many factories are closed due to extensive flooding.
Guatemala: The country of Guatemala is experiencing severe flooding due to Tropical Depression Eta.
- APL Logistics Guatemala: The APLL Guatemala team members are safe and accounted for.
- Operations / Ports: All operations at the ports of Santo Tomas de Castilla and Puerto Barrios have been cancelled due to storm conditions and flooding.
We will continue to monitor the situation and send additional updates as needed. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your APL Logistics Account Manager or local APL Logistics office.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.