November 19, 2020 in CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Customer Advisory: Update – Hurricane Iota Strikes Central America
November 19, 2020
Central America has started to recover from Hurricanes Iota and Eta, please see the operational updates below:
Guatemala: Moderate rains continue
- Due to ongoing inclement weather, vessel activity has been suspended in Puerto Barrios and Santo Tomas de Castilla, vessel activity is expected to resume by 11/19.
- A key bridge on route to the port has collapsed, authorities cannot repair it until river water levels have receded – there is no estimated time for reopening to transit so currently there are no container dispatches from the city to port.
El Salvador: Moderate rains continue
- El Salvadorian authorities have closed roads to key ports Santo Tomas de Castilla and Puerto Barrios.
- Due to a temporary bridge closure, there is congestion at border crossings.
- Carriers CLAM/SMLU have suspended all deliveries to POL until further notice.
- All APLL staff are safe.
- The port of Puerto Cortes has reopened and vessels activity has resumed.
- Several roads are blocked due to flooding, including the main road to Puerto Cortes.
- Some warehouses have opened today to receive cargo from factories
Please note, the APL Logistics teams in Central America are in direct communication with customers regarding specific cargo and shipments.
We will continue to monitor the situation and send additional updates as needed. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact your APL Logistics Account Manager or local APL Logistics office.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.