April 20, 2021 in CUSTOMER ADVISORY
COVID-19: APLL Regional Network Update (Greater Asia)
- Cambodia: A lockdown was imposed in Phnom Penh and Ta Khmau from April 15 through April 28 due to a surge in COVID-19 cases. Most people are banned from leaving their homes except to go to work, buy food or for medical treatment. As of date of Advisory, all factories in the lockdown areas are closed. Businesses in apparel/ footwear industries, CFS dry port, container movements, small trucking companies, and brokers have been impacted by the lockdown. Currently, all cargo deliveries from the factory to CFS are not permitted and there is no access to APLL CFS located within the vicinity. All APLL staff are working from home.
- Myanmar: As of date of Advisory, all CFS have reopened (refer to last Advisory on Myanmar’s Situation here).
- India: The local government has imposed curfews across multiple cities/states, including New Delhi (link here), Maharashtra (link here) and Tamil Nadu (link here). There is no major impact on overall operations. CFS remains open with limited staff, and activities that include cargo receiving, trucking, container loading/ delivery may experience some delays.
- Bangladesh: The local government has decided to extend the nationwide lockdown through April 28 to counter the surge in COVID-19 cases. Offices related to air, maritime, river and land ports remain operational. Factories remain open on the condition that they maintain health protocols. There may be some delays in operations due to restricted public movements, labor and trucker shortages.
Important note regarding return to office actions:
- APL Logistics cannot cite specific dates on return to office actions globally. We will continue to provide advance notice of changes to this arrangement.
- The safety and well-being of our employees is our top priority. We will consider each country/state’s local plans against what will be phased using new guidelines.
- Bottom line we will take a cautious approach globally.
As always, information regarding the COVID 19, including Q&A, online training, technical guidelines, preventative measures, travel guidance, etc. can be found on the WHO website: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus, and we encourage you to reference local health authorities and guidelines in your area.
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.