APL Logistics utilizes proven Information Technology (IT) systems to manage transportation across all modes
Our Transport Management Systems (TMS) integrate and streamline transportation, planning, execution and freight payment. Customers benefit from business process automation on a single platform across all modes of transportation, from Full Truck Load (FTL) to complex multi-leg, ocean and rail shipments. Apart from improved efficiency in operations, you will gain cost savings that improve the bottom line.
Key systems available for transport management
Enjoy reduced data exchange and transportation costs and improved forecasts, while meeting customer delivery requirements with these systems:
- Truck and rail-based systems - Monitor and control shipments, carriers and related financial transactions.
- Transportation pool management system - Multimodal web-enabled, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) application for manufacturers to optimize utilization and routing of transport equipment pools.
- Multi-yard management system - Minimizes inter-yard movements, performs equipment and load tracking and automates carrier bill payment.
- Turnkey solution – Ready to deploy whenever and wherever you are
- Fully integrated – Compliance and routing guides, automated planning and execution for load building, tendering, equipment selection and freight audit / payment and transportation planning across all services and modes
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) - No major investment in systems, systems development or IT infrastructure
- Web-based visibility - Anywhere, anytime, including track and trace, event history, shipment detail and proof of delivery
- Seamless, fast data exchange – Integrated data connectivity with your trading partners
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) dashboards and reporting – Single source visibility to key reporting metrics
- Fully supported customer service – 24/7 Help Desk to help smooth implementation and ongoing operations
Use ShipmentOptimizer™, an APL Logistics web-based shipment decision tool that assesses potential routings and costs to arrive at the optimal mode and route for each shipment.
As an APL Logistics customer, you will enjoy the benefits of our market leading Transport Management Systems - part of our managed transportation services.