Carmichael International manages customs brokerage services for a U.S. importer of hotel supplies. This importer asked Carmichael to start grouping Bill of Ladings on one entry to reduce Merchandise Processing Fee (MPF) exposure.
- Company: North America’s leader of Hotel Supplies
- Vertical: Consumer
- Services: Complete Customs Brokerage services by Carmichael International Service for shipments arriving in the U.S
- Volume: Approximately 500 entries on an annual basis
- Need to reduce amount of Merchandiser Processing Fee they are paying
- How to identify Vendor/Products with low probability of being flagged for exam
- Grouping multiple Bill of Ladings (BoL’s) on one entry without causing delays
Apl Logistics Solutions
- Review of a full year worth of entries
- Identify any Vendors and or Product that have been flagged for exam
- Carmichael developed a report that can be run by VV
- Report lists vendors not on the ‘approved list.’
- Report will identify entered value to max out the MPF
- 1st half of 2018: $11,042 MPF savings realized.
- 1st half grouped Bill of Ladings realizing savings: 21 entries with grouped BoL’s, 145 BoL’s grouped over the 21 entries